Last Updated: January 6, 2019
“Personal information” is data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which we have access. Personal information is usually your name in combination with another identifier, such as date of birth or address.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information, including your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number and any other information the Site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, when you participate in the Features and Functions and/or to create, complete or update your registration to participate therein.
We may collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details.
We may collect personal information regarding your age to verify that you are not under 13 years of age in accordance with our policy against doing business with children, set forth below.
You are not required to provide the personal information we request, but if you decline, you may not participate in the Features and Functions and we may not be able to respond to queries you may have.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to transact business with you in connection with Sharenode, the provision of the Features and Functions and/or related products and services, and otherwise with you as a customer;
- to assess your interests, preferences and degree of satisfaction with Sharenode, the Features and Functions and/or other related products and services;
- to keep you posted on new or updated development relating to Sharenode, the Features and Functions and/or related products, services and/or upcoming events;
- to provide businesses that may create and distribution Sidechain Credits (“Sidechain Businesses”) information about our customers relating to their interest in such businesses and potential activity on any Sidechain featuring Sidechain Credits of such businesses;
- to improve the effectiveness of the Site and our products, services, operations, or marketing efforts;
- to verify your identity and eligibility to participate in Sharenode and/or related products and services;
- to conduct auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications;
- to allow our employees to service your customer needs;
- to send you important notices regarding your purchases and changes to our business policies.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may provide or disclose your personal information to, or share your personal information with:
- affiliated companies;
- business partners or others who process it on our behalf;
- third party services who facilitate the Features and Functions (including any Sidechain Businesses), manage and enhance or systems or customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, and conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys;
- dealers, suppliers and partners, who may provide you with text, email and other electronic messages and offers for products and services, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics, stated preferences and location.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We maintain a variety of security measures, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure, so we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, then you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
How Do You Access Your Personal Information?
You can ask us for the personal information we possess, so that you can determine if it is inaccurate or if you want it deleted, provided we not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to [email protected].
What Other Information Do We Collect?
We automatically gather information when you browse or view the Site. This log data may include your browser type (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, or Internet Explorer), your domain, the Internet Protocol (IP) address assigned to your computer (or the unique device ID of your mobile device, or other unique identifier), the date and time of your visits, the pages on the Site you visit and other information related to your visit.
If we combine non-personal information with your personal information, we will maintain the combined information as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose such non-personal information for any purpose.
We may collect:
- data that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual;
- information, such as language, postal code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a person or entity consummating the Features and Functions or using Sharenode is located;
- aggregated information regarding participant activities on the Site, mobile application, and from our other products and services we may offer; and
- details of how visitors to the Site use our products and services.
How Do We Employ Cookies and Similar Technologies?
We use technologies such as “cookies” and web beacons so we can remember certain information about you, remember your preferences or recognize you when you return. They also help us compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interaction so that we can improve the Site and protect the Site from fraud.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer. As text files, cookies cannot read information on your hard drive, run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies let the Site remember your preferences or recognize you when you return.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. You can set your browser to decline all cookies automatically or to prompt you for a response each time a cookie is offered. Note that declining cookies may hinder the Site’s performance and may not allow you to access all of its features and services.
Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs, are often used in combination with cookies. These often-transparent images are part of web pages and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to generate statistics about how the Site is used. They are not used to access personal information.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
In some of our email messages, you will find a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click such links in our email messages.
We use Google Adwords and Google Analytics to gather data, such as age, gender and interests, to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain online ads on the Site or other sites because we contract with Google and similar companies to target our ads based on information collected from you or by automated means, like cookies and web beacons. These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
You may give consent for the Site to capture and record certain precise geolocation or global positioning data from your device in order to tailor information to your location. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of the Site.
You should be able manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies, by adjusting your mobile device’s privacy and security settings.
There are “do not track” or similar browser choices available to internet users with respect to online web activity, but given the present lack of consensus of what constitutes an informed election, appropriate trigger or breadth of scope of such choice, our Site will not operate any differently when a “do not track” signal is received.
Social Networking Sites and Applications
Third Party Links
The Site may have links or be linked to other sites we do not own, control or maintain. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties about the privacy practices of those sites. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of other sites and contact the operator if you have concerns or questions. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these third-party sites.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features or register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at [email protected].
Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident, then you may have the right to request and receive certain information about a company’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use, and your choices with respect to such disclosures.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at:
Privacy Rights of European Union Residents
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of the European Economic Area (the “European Union”), we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the European Union, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
If you are entitled to privacy rights under the GDPR, then you are entitled to the following:
- You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at [email protected].
- When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. To exercise those rights, please contact us via email at [email protected].
- Although we do not currently do such marketing, you have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European privacy regulation, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
- By modifying your browser preferences using most web browsing software, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, then you may be unable to use certain of our services.
Information about International Transfers
Opting Out of Communications
You may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” or similar link at the bottom of any email you receive from us or by changing the communication preferences on your online account or profile. If you no longer want to receive promotional text messages from us, please follow the cancellation instructions contained in the last text message. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing communications using the above methods, please contact us at [email protected]
If you opt-out from receiving marketing emails or text messages, then we may still need to send you communications about your orders, customer service inquiries, promotions participation and other matters.